Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Crystal faced Niobium post earrings

I received a custom order via my website (at http://www.prettysensitive.weebly.com) for a pair of niobium post earrings with clear round crystals recently. I've been meaning to make more crystal faced niobium post earrings for a bit now...and sometimes it takes that extra little kick in the pants!
So, last night I sat down and worked on the custom order and made six extra pairs. Working my pliers on the wire for these identified some places where building up calluses might be nice! Felt like I nearly formed blisters! It takes a lot of work to get the wire to do what I want it to! ;)

Anyway, I got 4mm clear and light blue Swarovski crystal niobium post earrings made, clear princess cut Swarovski crystal in 4mm made, and 6mm jet black Swarovksi crystals made. Also some montees in a light topaz.

They are difficult to get just right when I mount the crystals. They have a tendency to want to slip off-center before the epoxy sets - so I have to keep an eye on them!

I'm excited to get them posted. Check my store soon to see how they turned out! http://www.prettysensitive.etsy.com (Right now there are tons of great choices in surgical steel post earrings too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment